Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Strawberry Jam.....

I went with Pippa (used to be my boss at the Walkington) to a fruit and veg shop in Vic Park on the weekend. Used to go there quite a bit years ago.

Anyway they had 500g punnets of strawberries (that's the big ones) out for $1.49...can you believe it!!

I bought 3, and Tori and Shayla ate one punnet that night with chocolate dipping sauce :)


...and I made this with the other 2...
just added around 800g sugar to the washed and halved 1kg strawberries, add a splash of fresh lemon juice.....simmer for a while.....
While the mixture was cooking on the stove, Brody rang.....this is what I got when I went back into the kitchen.....

I took the large jar down to Geraldine's and kept the two small ones....Gerry had made bread and her own butter!!!!.....could it get any better....

Sandy

No comments:

What I Like to Listen To...