Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A new chook house...




I finally went and bought a new chook house. Have been looking for something secondhand for ages, or even wood offcuts or bits of tin for Jay to make one. No luck...so I went and bought a lge dog kennel from Better Pets and Gardens. I had to paint it to make the wood more weatherproof...picked a lovely shade of green!! The roof is hinged and lifts off to one side, which I thought would make it easy for collecting eggs. Will be able to see any creepy crawlies!! Brody made the ladder for me, from some wood we got off the lady accross the road. I thought if it was off the ground, they would have a bit of extra shade and shelter underneath. At the moment it is just sitting on two milk crates.

The first night 3 of my 5 chooks made their own way up the ladder and inside and I 'helped' two. Last night, all five managed to find their way inside :) Clever girls!

Yesterdays eggs...

Daily egg output is around about three now, so getting five was a bonus!!

Sandy

No comments:

What I Like to Listen To...