Saturday, January 31, 2009

I think the budget is blown.....

Well, that didn't last long did it??

I have been doing so well too!

Anyway, dad got flown down to Perth on flying doctor on Friday. All well but had to stay until Tues to go back for a check up. I picked him up from his hotel on Sat morning, and promptly forgot all about the budget! Well, actually I didn't, everytime I bought something, I WAS thinking about the dollars over my allocated $140, but thought I could probably make it up.

Lets see...

Last shopping total at $66.68

Tori went to Kristy's for a sleepover and took $8.20 stuff from Coles. Most of that came back, plust Kristy paid Tori $10 for looking after Tahnee!

then $15.15 at IGA, included nachos ingredients for Tori to cook that night. Also block of cheese, on special for $7.99 - Good enough reason to give up, I reckon :)

then spent $19.00 on fruit at Trees A Green. Driving past it on the way home from picking up Dad, noticed the fruit man parked out the front. Bought a tray of peaches, 2kg lemons, 3kg plums and 2kg of nectarines for $19. We worked out it was probably around 10kilos, not bad at nearly $2 a kilo!! Still have some left, and they are beautiful!!!

Then spent $61.68 at WW, and $7.45 at the fruit and veg.

Then a shop at Foodworks $52.13 (included a piece of lamb and a piece of hogget to roast for Aust Day)

Am going to include $13.40 for 2x pizzas bought last night for tea.

And finally $32.38 today at Coles.

So..... total of $275.87......so if I allow $140 budget x 2 weeks = $280, I am left with $4.13 until Tues.....I CAN DO IT!!

I didn't menu plan on Mon night, but for the next few nights we had left over roast meat and vegies.

Last night was the pizza, tonight Brody isn't home and Tori has had a couple of toasted ham, cheese and tomato sandwiches. I have had (am having!) a couple of beers!

I plan on having maybe a quiche, zucchini and haloumi fritters(still have the haloumi cheese in the fridge, and it was too damn expensive to not eat!) well, that is 2 meals that will take me up to Mon night, when it is time to menu plan again.

So overall, I spent too much in week 2, but managed to balance it in week 3. I guess that is what half (maybe most) of budgetting is all about. Being able to afford the weeks when you need to spend more and make up for them the following week.


Sandy

No comments:

What I Like to Listen To...